De-escalation Resources

Twin Cities Social Services and De-escalation Resources

COPE – Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies can be reached at 612-596-1223. COPE is a Hennepin County Mobile crisis team that can respond and assist (meet you or over the phone) with de-escalation of emergency mental health situations involving things like suicidal ideation, self-harm, psychosis, substance impairment (unclear from website if fees are involved) [MPD150 infographic notes that COPE/mobile crisis teams may choose to send police, this is not stated on COPE’s website, so it is good to keep in mind]

Ramsey County Adult Mental Health Urgent Care

Alternative to 911/emergency room for immediate mental health concerns, mobile crisis team available over the phone or able to meet you within Ramsey county. Fees associated, amounts unclear from website, can bill insurance or do sliding-scale.

Tubman works across the Twin Cities to assist individuals experiencing family violence with safety plans, legal services, mental healthcare, shelter, and crisis services. 24-hour line at 612-825-0000

Minnesota Poison Control System can be reached at 1-800-222-1222 for poison emergencies and questions

St. Stephen’s does street outreach for individuals in Hennepin County experiencing homelessness to connect them with shelter, showers, and meals, as well as assist with Coordinated Entry. Works with adults without children and families with children

Youth Services Network works similarly to St. Stephen’s but specifically for individuals between 16-24

Sexual Violence Center serving Hennepin, Carver, Scott Counties for people who are currently, or have ever experienced sexual violence.

211 United Way Can take calls in English, Spanish, Hmong, provides free and confidential connection to food security, housing security, mental health/substance use resources across Minnesota. United Way can be reached at 651-291-0211 or text your zip code to 898-211

Anoka County Mobile Crisis Response, can assist via phone (free) or in person (fees associated, can bill insurance, can do sliding-scale/payment plan) for mental health emergencies

Trans Lifeline 877-565-8660, 9am-3am CST, they will not call police unless you ask, unless necessary to comply with laws regarding suspected child abuse. Not a MN-specific resource.

Crisis Text Line Text HOME to 741741 for 24/7 free support and crisis counseling, not a MN specific resource

OutFront Minnesota can be reached at 612-822-0127 to assist with confidential crisis counseling and advocacy services for LGBTQ+ victims of violence and harassment



For non-Twin Cities Residents, check out and to look for resources local to you